Plain Flour 250gm
Custard powder 50gm
Baking powder 1 tsp
Amonia powder ½ tsp
Shortening (crisco) 100gm
Icing sugar 80 gm (add less if you want less sweet)
Lotus paste 600gms
Melon seeds 50 gm
1. Beat 1 egg and keep aside.
2. Add the butter to it.
3. Sieve custard powder, baking powder, icing sugar and amonia powder together into it.
4. Sieve and add the flour little by little into the mixture and make a soft dough. (Do not put the whole flour at one time.) Leave it to rest for 20-30 min.
7. Make small balls of the dough of about 20gms each and wrap the lotus paste ball into it.
8. Brush with beaten egg and put some melon seeds on top of it.
10. Remove from the oven and keep for cooling.
11. When cool they are ready to eat.