This is a Nepali style dum alloo recipe... When we ate it I thought it must have taken a long time and lots of ingredients to cook...lots of masalas and lots of oil and this and that... but to my surprise it was only made from only 4 ingredients.... and that too in only 1tsp oil..... this is a fast and must try recipe... very nice to serve as a special vege for parties instead of the traditional paneer vege which really needs so much of preparation and time.......
4 Boiled potatoes
6 dry red chillies
3 cloves garlic
½ tsp kalonji
1 tsp oil
Salt as per taste.
1. Boil potatoes in the pressure cooker for a two to three whistle.
2. Make a paste of the garlic cloves.
3. Make paste of the chillies with little water.
4. Heat oil in a vessel add kalonji to it and fry for a min
5. Then add garlic paste and fry till it is brown.
6. Then add chilli paste and fry for 2 min.
7. Then add 2 cups water.
8. Let it boil then add boiled and cut potatoes.
9. Add salt and boil it for another 5 min.
10. Serve hot with white rice or Naan.
The red chillies give a wonderful colour and flavour too.... Use fresh garlic... it gives a very very different taste than the ready garlic paste....