These cookies are mostly made during the Id festival here in Singapore... Had taken the recipe from one of my friend.. and wanted to prepare since long time... Actually when I had it at her place I liked it a lot..So I asked her the name of the recipe.. She said its Sujee Cookies... Then I asked her the ingredients... to my surprise sujee cookies do not have sujee as a ingredient at all... I even asked her why do you call it sujee cookies then... she told me its the name to those cookies since her mother used to prepare... :) Any ways herego the ingredients and the recipe for this wonderful cookies......
500gms Self raising flour
250gms icing sugar
250gms melted clarified butter(ghee)
1tsp vanilla essence (optional) or cardamom powder (optional)
1. Melt and cool the ghee.
2. Sift the flour and icing sugar and mix them together.
3. If using vanilla essence or cardamom powder add it in the ghee.
4. Mix the ghee slowly in the flour and sugar mixture.
5. Make a nice soft dough and then make small round balls (marble sized) of the dough.
6. Place these balls on the greased baking tray at a little distance.
7. Preheat the oven at 170 degree celcius for ten minutes.
8. Place the baking tray in the oven and bake the cookies for about 15 to 20 min.
9. Cool completely and then store them in a air tight container.
You can serve them immediately but if served one or two days later they taste much nicer as the sugar gets dissolved and blended in the cookies nicely.....