1/2 kg basmati rice (wash and keep soaked in water atleast for 1/2hr)
300 gm red tomatoes
few cashews and raisins
1/2 cup coriander4 green chillies
2 green cardamoms
1/2inch stick of cinnamon
1 tsp ghee
1/2 tsp turmeric
salt to taste
1. Extract the juice of the coconut by grinding it in the mixer with water.
2. Blanch the tomatoes and when cool remove the skin and grind them in the mixie.
3. Mix coconut and tomatoes juices together.
4. Grind onions, green chillies and coriander.
5. Heat ghee in a vessel and then add cloves, cinnamon and cardamom to it.
6. Fry for a minute and then add the grinded masala of onion and turmerice to it. Fry for 5-6 minutes.
7. Remove water from the soaked rice and then add it to the above mixture.
8. Fry for a minute and then add the tomato and coconut juice as required. Add salt to taste and let it cook till the rice is done.
9. Serve hot.... garnished with fried cashews and raisins.....