For the Sweet-Series Event of TOI
For the Vegetable of the week TOI Event
3 cups grated bottle gourd
3 cups full fat milk
3 green cardamom seeds crushed
1/2 cp sugar
a few drops of green colour (optional)
few almonds and pistachios slivered
1. Heat ghee and add grated bottle gourd. Fry till it is transparent.
2. Add milk and bring it to boil. Simmer the gas and cook for 30-35 min or until it is almost dry.
3. Add sugar and colour mix well.
4. Stir 5-10 min till moisture evaporates.
5. Remove from fire and add cardamom, Mix. Serve hot or chilled garnished with almonds and pistachios.