1 cup roasted peanut powder
2tbsp roasted dry coconut
2tbsp coriander leaves
1tssp garlic paste
1tsp ginger paste
1tsp garam masala
1 onion chopped
1 tsp red chilli powder
1tsp mustard seeds
1tsp turmeric powder
a pinch asafoetida
salt as per taste
1. Roast the peanuts and make a powder of it. Keep aside.
2. Grate the dry coconut and roast it in a pan till light brown. Keep aside to cool.
3. Chopp onions and fry them till brown. Keep aside to cool.
4. In a blender add coriander leaves, garlic paste, ginger paste, garam masala, cooled dry coconut and onion, red chilli powder and blend together to form a paste.
5. Mix this paste in the roasted peanut powder and add salt according to taste.
6. Slit the brinjals into four parts. Make sure not to cut them through and try to keep the stem.
7. Wash these into salt water. Then fill the peanut masala into it. Keep the left over masala for gravy.
8. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Once they crackle add turmeric powder and asafoetida.
9. Put the stuffed brinjals into it. Also the remaining masala and fry together for a minute.
10. Add water approx 1/2 cup and pressure cook till the brinjals get soft. (around 2-3 whistles)
11. Garnish with coriander and serve hot with chappati or Bhakri.