2 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup melted ghee
1/2 cup yellow moong dal (soaked for 4 hrs)
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp Dry mango powder (amchoor)
2 tbsp gram flour (besan)
3 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
oil for deep frying
1. Combine all ingredients of the dough and knead into a firm dough using very little water. Knead atleast for 5-7 minutes.
2. Divide dough in 12 parts and keep covered in a muslin cloth.
1. Heat oil. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
2. When they crackle add moongdal and fry.
3. add green chilli paste, salt, chilli powder, garam masala, amchur, gram flour, salt and stir for 5-7 min.
4. Cool and divide in 12 parts.
5. Roll out each portion of the dough and place mixture in it.
6. Close it and roll or spread with hand to shape it in kachori. Deep fry till golden brown and serve with tamarind chutney.